Happy New Year! I know I haven’t posted anything for a couple of weeks but I decided to take some time out, to really be present with those who mean the most to me.
I thought I would kick off 2019’s blog posts by reflecting back, so here are the biggest lessons that 2018 taught me:
1. The greatest wealth is health, this year has confirmed that I should continue to prioritise my health and I am so very grateful for the good health of myself and my family and friends.
2. It is possible for your love for someone to grow, even when you thought you couldn’t possibly love them anymore than you already do.
3. Be kinder, to others but especially to yourself.
4. Don’t worry about things you cannot change. If someone is mean or rude, firstly, you cannot change the way others behave and secondly, that’s a reflection of them, not you, forgive them.
5. Happiness is a choice.
6. Gratitude is powerful.
7. If you want to get better at something, be consistent, more often than not, you don’t need to do anything drastic, its the little things done over and over that count.
8. Time spent resting or being creative is never wasted.
9. You don’t have to have an opinion on or an answer for everything. It’s okay to say ‘I don’t know.’
10. Always choose discomfort over resentment. You’re allowed to say no to people or things that drain your energy or that aren’t congruent to you or your goals.